Welcome to our blog. It will follow the development of our garden from quagmire, after completion of our self-build, to a garden that reflects our eco-friendly principles. We are wanting to create a garden that meets our needs as a family but is also a wildlife friendly zone. Well that's what we are hoping, time will tell if we are successful.

Monday 1 April 2013

Hens growing but not much else...

We had a couple of reasonable days somewhere amidst the March freeze. I didn't manage to weed the garden but I did a remedial chicken coop clean. 














I had a bit of help from my fluffy friend...the good thing is that the weather is so cold that there aren't any red mites around, yet.



 Meanwhile, the pond is still looking clear, not enough sunlight to generate algae. It's amazing that next to nothing is growing yet in the garden and its April.
I have had the odd escapee...the hens are checking that their flight feathers have grown back...I can't complain, though I'm getting on average 3 eggs a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment